GDPR - how we use your medical records:
- Burscough Family Practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical record being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office.
For more information please see Burscough Family Practice Privacy notices:
Burscough Family Practice Privacy Notice - Direct care
Burscough Family Practice Privacy Notice - Legal requirements to share
Burscough Family Practice Privacy notice -Medical research and national clinical audits
Burscough Family Practice Privacy notice - National screening programme