• If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from our Practice Staff or Doctors, please let us know as it will help us to improve our service.
  • We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints.
  • Our complaints system meets the national criteria.

What to do if you need to raise a concern about the Practice

Please note, we cannot accept complaints from anybody else other than the patient unless we have written authority for you to speak on their behalf.  If you wish to make a complaint on behalf of a patient, please contact the GP Surgery who will advise you as to how this can be done.

We will always encourage patients to discuss their concerns with the practice in the first instance.

However, if you do wish to submit a written complain, a copy of our Complaints Leaflet and Complaints form to detail your concerns can be downloaded below.

Complaints Leaflet

Complaints Form

Please return the Complaints form to the Practice, FAO: Operations Manager via hand delivery, post or email to: welaccg.burscoughfamilypractice@nhs.net

Where can I get further advice & help?

If you have a problem, we very much hope that you will use our complaints procedure. This way we will be given the best chance to put things right and improve our practice.

However, you can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), West Lancashire Clinical Commissioning Group or the Independant Complaints Advocacy Service.

 For more information please visit -

If you are unhappy with the response to your complaint you can ask the Care Quality Commission for an "Independent Review" of your case. The Care Quality Commission is an independent body established to promote improvements in healthcare.

 For more information please visit www.cqc.org.uk

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website